Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Spaghetti Uh-Oh

Who among you out there doesn't enjoy a good meal of SpaghettiOs?

*long pause*

To those of you who just raised your hands: We're no longer friends.

Just kidding. Sort of.

SpaghettiOs have been one of my favorite foods for as long as I can remember. They remain so to this very day, and, as I am a bachelor, they are also one of the few foods I can actually prepare on my own without risking danger of burning down the house. Sure, all it takes just a bowl and the push of a button on a microwave, but who's keeping score?

The other day, I enjoyed just such a meal for dinner. When I finished eating, however, I took a look at the empty SpaghettiOs can and read the expiration date: August 2009!

For those of you keeping score at home, that's three-and-a-half years ago.

Immediately, a few questions popped into my mind: (1) How did a can with such an expiration date end up among my groceries? (2) They tasted just fine . . . or did they? *stomach gurgles* (3) How long befBLEARARAGHGHGGHGHGH!!!

The moral of the story: It pays to read the labels on your food.

Also, note to self: Sign up for that community cooking class at the high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment